The NS3 serine protease, in association with NS4A, is responsible for the cleavages of the Hepatitis C virus protease complexes NS3-NS4A, NS4A-NS4B, NS4B-NS5A and NS5A-NS5B. NS5B is a RNA-dependent RNA polymerase that plays an essential role in the virus replication. Hepatitis C virus protease NS3-NS4A colocalizes with IPS-1/VISA/MAVS/Cardif in the mitochondrial membrane and has been shown to cleave the TLR3 adapter TRIF and Cardif to eliminate the antiviral signaling pathways. NS3-NS4A represents an important target for anti-HCV drugs.
Suitable for use in Western Blot
Optimal dilutions to be determined by researcher.
Storage and Stability:
May be stored at 4°C for short-term only. Aliquot to avoid repeated freezing and thawing. Store at -20°C. Aliquots are stable for at least 12 months. For maximum recovery of product, centrifuge the original vial after thawing and prior to removing the cap.
|Recombinant hepatitis C virus (HCV) NS5B RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (genotype 1a).|
|Purified by Protein G affinity chromatography.|
|Supplied as a liquid in PBS, 10% glycerol, 0.02% sodium azide.|
|Recognizes HCV NS5B (epitope mapped to NS5B aa 372-382). Recognizes genotype 1a and also 1b (albeit with lower affinity). Does not recognize genotype 2a.|
|Intended for research use only. Not for use in human, therapeutic, or diagnostic applications.|
1. Functional properties of a monoclonal antibody inhibiting the hepatitis C virus RNA-dependent RNA polymerase: D. Moradpour, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 277, 593 (2002)|
2. Hepatitis C virus RNA synthesis in a cell-free system isolated from replicon-containing hepatoma cells: R.W. Hardy, et al.; J. Virol. 77, 2029 (2003)
3. Clearance of replicating hepatitis C virus replicon RNAs in cell culture by small interfering RNAs: G. Randall, et al.; PNAS 100, 235 (2003)
4. Hepatitis C virus RNA replication is regulated by host geranylgeranylation and fatty acids: S.B. Kapadia and F.V. Chisari; PNAS 102, 2561 (2005)
5. Quantitative analysis of the hepatitis C virus replication complex: D. Quinkert, et al.; J. Virol. 79, 13594 (2005)
6. Complete translation of the hepatitis C virus genome in vitro: membranes play a critical role in the maturation of all virus proteins except for NS3: Y.V. Svitkin, et al.; J. Virol. 79, 6868 (2005)