Agarose DNA Fragments 10-500bp
|BioSeparation?||Storage: RTShipping: RT|
USBio's Agarose for DNA Fragments 10-500bp is manufactured from selected algae and harvested during specific periods of growth to produce gels that are easier to prepare than the equivalent polyacrylamide gels.
Manufactured specifically for primer size fragments in the range of 10-500 base pairs and exhibits exceptionally high transparency even at high concentrations (5%).
• Analytical DNA Gels 500bp
• Capillary Electrophoresis
• For use with all buffer systems
Recommended Usage (1X TAE):
Concentration Molecular Weight
3% 80-500 bp
4% 30-300 bp
5% 10-200 bp
Note: A 3% agarose gel is equivalent to 8% polyacrylamide
Storage and Stability: Store powdered agarose at RT. Opened bottles should be capped tightly and kept in a low humidity environment. For greater separation capacity, keep the gel at 4°C for 1 hour before use.
Melting Point (3%): 75°C
Gel Point (3%): 24-28°C
Gel Strength (3%): 200g/cm2
Absorbance (655nm, 3%): 0.006
Quality Control: Tested for a wide array of molecular biology procedures ensuring high recovery of biologically active DNA, high cloning efficiency and consistent reproducibility.
Functional and Molecular Biology Testing: To Pass Test
• Comparative assay of different size DNA fragments
• Southern Blot (125-23,000bp)
• Background Fluorescence (TAE/TE, EtBr):
• DNA Binding (TAE, EtBr)
• Restriction Ligation Assay (Bam HI, Hinc II, EcoR I, Hind III, Pst I, and T4 DNA Ligase)
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Ausubel, F.M., et al., Current Protocols in Molecular Biology, John Wiley (1992). 2. Maniatis, T., et al., Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press (1989)..