Agarose High Gel Strength
|BioSeparation?||Storage: RTShipping: RT|
High Gel Strength Agarose Combines very high gel strength with low EEO and is a good choice for high speed, high temperature pulsed field gel electrophoresis applications.
• Pulsed Field Electrophoresis
• Blotting Assays (Southern, northern)
• Analytical DNA Gels 1000bp
• Preparative Electrophoresis
• For use with all buffer systems
Recommended Usage (1X TAE):
Concentration Molecular Weight
Storage and Stability:
Store powdered agarose at RT. Opened bottles should be capped tightly and kept in a low humidity environment. For greater separation capacity, keep the gel at 4°C for 1 hour before use.
pH (1.5%, Gel): As Reported
Loss on Drying: 7.0%
Melting Point (1.5%): 86-90°C
Gel Point (1.5%): 34.5-37.5°C
Gel Strength (1.5%): 3000g/cm2
Clarity: 40 NTU
RNase: None Detected
DNase: None Detected
Quality Control: Genetic tested for a wide array of molecular biology procedures ensuring high recovery of biologically active DNA, high cloning efficiency and consistent reproducibility.
Functional and Molecular Biology Testing: To Pass Test
• Comparative assay of different size DNA fragments
• Southern Blot (125-23,000bp)
• Background Fluorescence (TAE/TE, EtBr):
• DNA Binding (TAE, EtBr)
• Restriction Ligation Assay (Bam HI, Hinc II, EcoR I, Hind III, Pst I, and T4 DNA Ligase)
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Ausubel, F.M., et al., Current Protocols in Molecular Biology, John Wiley (1992). 2. Maniatis, T., et al., Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press (1989).