Agarose Med EEO
|BioSeparation?||Storage: RT/4°CShipping: RT|
Med EEO Agarose is a general use agarose suitable for many nucleic acid and protein electrophoresis protocols.
Suitable for use in Immunoelectrophoresis, Serum protein electrophoresis, Analytical DNA Gels, 1000bp, Blotting Assays (Southern, northern), and with all buffer systems
Storage and Stability:
Store powdered agarose at RT. Opened bottles should be capped tightly and kept in a low humidity environment. For greater separation capacity, keep the gel at 4°C for 1 hour before use.
White, granular, free flowing
pH (1.5%, Gel): 6.0-6.6
Loss on Drying: 7.0%
Melting Point (1.5%): 86.5-89.5°C
Gel Point (1.5%): 34.5-37.5°C
Gel Strength (1.5%): 2000g/cm2
Clarity (1.5%): 40NTU
Colorimetry (1.5%): As reported
RNase: None Detected
DNase: None Detected
Quality Control: Genetic tested for a wide array of molecular biology procedures ensuring high recovery of biologically active DNA, high cloning efficiency and consistent reproducibility.
Functional and Molecular Biology Testing: To Pass Test
• Comparative assay of different size DNA fragments
• Southern Blot (125-23,000bp)
• Background Fluorescence (TAE/TE, EtBr):
• DNA Binding (TAE, EtBr)
• Restriction Ligation Assay (Bam HI, Hinc II, EcoR I, Hind III, Pst I, and T4 DNA Ligase)
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Ausubel, F.M., et al., Current Protocols in Molecular Biology, John Wiley (1992). 2. Maniatis, T., et al., Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press (1989).