GRO alpha, Recombinant, Human (KC)
|Growth Factors, Cytokines||Storage: -20°CShipping: Blue Ice|
Three human MGSA/GRO genes encode 3 highly related chemokines, MGSA/GRO alpha, -beta and -gamma. All 3 MGSA/GRO proteins bind to the same receptors, but with differing affinities, and stimulate a number of biological responses including chemotaxis, angiogenesis, and growth regulation. Melanoma growth stimulatory activity/gro alpha (MGSA), a member of the alpha-chemokine family, is produced by a variety of dermal and epidermal cells and can act in a paracrine and autocrine fashion.
Recombinant Human GRO-alpha produced in E.Coli is a single,non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 73 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 7811 Dalton. Recombinant Human GRO-alpha is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Amino Acid Sequence:
The sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Ala-Ser-Val-Ala-Thr.
Recombinant Melanoma growth stimulatory activity is fully biologically active when compared to standard. The Biological activity is calculated by its ability to chemoattract human neutrophils cells using a conc. of 10.0-100.0 ng/ml.
Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm .
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a calibrated solution of MGSA as a Reference Standard.
It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized GRO-alpha in sterile 18M -cm H2O not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Lyophilized MGSA/GRO-a although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -180C. Upon reconstitution MGSA/GRO-alpha should be stored at 40C between 2-7 days and for future use below -180C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
Source: E. coli
Purity: 97% as determined by RP-HPLC, anion-exchange FPLC and/or reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained gel.
Form: Supplied as a lyophilized powder without additives.
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Melanoma growth stimulatory activity in primary malignant melanoma: prognostic significance.
Mod Pathol 2002 May;15(5):532-7
2. A role for poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase in the transcriptional regulation of the melanoma growth stimulatory activity (CXCL1) gene expression.
J Biol Chem 2001 Mar 23;276(12):9366-74
3. Nuclear factor-kappa B activation by the CXC chemokine melanoma growth-stimulatory activity/growth-regulated protein involves the MEKK1/p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway.
J Biol Chem 2001 Feb 2;276(5):3650-9
4. Melanoma growth stimulatory activity (MGSA/GRO-alpha) chemokine genes incorporated into an African green monkey simian cytomegalovirus-derived stealth virus.
Exp Mol Pathol 1999 Apr;66(1):15-8
5. Enhanced tumor-forming capacity for immortalized melanocytes expressing melanoma growth stimulatory activity/growth-regulated cytokine beta and g amma proteins.
Int J Cancer 1997 Sep 26;73(1):94 -103
6. Role of melanoma growth stimulatory activity (MGSA/gro) on keratinocyte function in wound healing.
Arch Dermatol Res 1997 Mar;289(4):204-12