GRO/KC, Recombinant, Mouse (Cxcl1, Chemokine (C-X-C Motif) Ligand 1 (Melanoma Growth Stimulating Activity, alpha), Cinc1, CINC-1, C-X-C Motif Chemokine 1, Cytokine-induced Neutrophil Chemoattractant 1, Gro1, Growth-regulated alpha Protein, Platelet-derive
|Growth Factors, Cytokines||Storage: -20°CShipping: Blue Ice|
KC is a member of the CXC chemokine family with homology to human IL-8, a potent neutrophilic chemotactic cytokine. KC is a fundamental mediator of neutrophil recruitment in acute mast cell-dependent skin inflammation.
Recombinant murine KC also nown as N51 and GRO-1 produced in E.Coli is a single,non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 72 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 7815 Dalton. Recombinant Murine GRO is purified by prop
Amino Acid Sequence:
The sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Ala-Pro-Ile-Ala-Asn.
Dimers and Aggregates:
Less than 1% as determined by silver-stained SDS-PAGE gel analysis.
Mouse CXCL1 is fully biologically active when compared to standard. The Biological activity is calculated by its ability to chemoattract human neutrophils cells using a conc. of 10.0-100 ng/ml.
0.1ng/ug (IEU/ug) of Mouse KC
Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 0.03 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of KC as a Reference Standard.rietary chromatographic techniques.
It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized Recombinant GRO1 in sterile 18M -cm H2O not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Lyophilized Murine N51/KC although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -180C. Upon reconstitution GRO1 should be stored at 40C between 2-7 days and for future use below -180C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
Source: E. coli
Purity: 98% as determined by RP-HPLC, anion-exchange FPLC and/or reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained gel.
Concentration: As reported
Form: Supplied as a lyophilized powder without additives.
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. CXCL1 induced by prostaglandin E2 promotes angiogenesis in colorectal cancer.
J Exp Med 2006 Apr 17;203(4):941-51
2. Selective local PMN recruitment by CXCL1 or CXCL2/3 injection does not cause inflammatory pain.
J Leukoc Biol 2006 May;79(5):1022-32
3. Endothelin-1 induces CXCL1 and CXCL8 secretion in human melanoma cells.
J Invest Dermatol 2005 Aug;125(2):307-11
4. Role for CXCR2 and CXCL1 on glia in multiple sclerosis.
Glia 2006 Jan 1;53(1):24-31
5. CCL2 and CXCL1 trigger calcitonin gene-related peptide release by exciting primary nociceptive neurons.
J Neurosci Res 2005 Oct 1;82(1):51-62
6. The chemokine GRO-alpha (CXCL1) confers increased tumorigenicity to glioma cells.
Carcinogenesis 2005 Dec;26(12):2058-68