Insulin-Like Growth Factor I, Recombinant, Rat (IGF1)
|Growth Factors, Cytokines||Storage: -70°CShipping: Blue Ice|
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I, Recombinant, Rat (IGF1) is a well-characterized basic peptide believed to be secreted by the liver and to circulate in the blood. It has growth-regulating, insulin-like, and mitogenic activities. This growth factor has a major, but not absolute, dependence on Somatotropin. It is believed to be mainly active in adults in contrast to Insulin like Growth Factor 2, which is a major fetal growth factor.
Rat IGF-1 is fully biologically active when compared to standards. The ED50, was calculated 2 methods: 1. Stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts ED50 was found to be 30ng/ml. 2. Type 1 IGF receptor binding assay ED50 was found to be 10ng/ml.
The sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Gly-Pro-Glu-Thr-Leu. N-terminal methionine has been completely removed enzymatically.
Storage and Stability:
Lyophilized powder may be stored at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C. Reconstitute with sterile ddH2O, aliquot and store at -20°C. For maximum recovery of product, centrifuge the original vial after thawing and prior to removing the cap. Further dilutions can be made in assay buffer.
Purity: ~95% Analysis by RP-HPLC; Reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE.
Form: Supplied as a lyophilized powder. Reconstitute with sterile dH2O PBS to 0.1-1mg/ml, which can be further diluted into other aqueous solutions.
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and its receptor (IGF-1R) in the rat anterior pituitary.
Eur J Neurosci 2007 Jan;25(1):191-200
2. [Soy isoflavones with supplemental calcium provide protection against the loss of bone mass and influence insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I after ovariectomy in rat]
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 2006 Sep;40(5):328-31
3. The effect of insulin-like growth factor-I on hepatocyte apoptosis after bile duct ligation in rat.
Dig Dis Sci 2006 Dec;51(12):2220-4
4. Short-term effects of IGF-I and estradiol on LH secretion from female rat gonadotrophs.
Growth Horm IGF Res 2006 Oct-Dec;16(5-6):357-64
5. Short-term strength training and the expression of myostatin and IGF-I isoforms in rat muscle and tendon: differential effects of specific contraction types.
J Appl Physiol 2007 Feb;102(2):573-81
6. Insulin-like growth factor-I is an important antiapoptotic factor for rat leydig cells during postnatal development.
Endocrinology 2007 Jan;148(1):128-39