Interleukin 1 alpha, Recombinant, Porcine (IL-1a, Hematopoietin-1, Lymphocyte-activating Factor, LAF, Endogenous Pyrogen, Leukocyte Endogenous Mediator, LEM, Mononuclear Cell Factor, MCF)
|Growth Factors, Cytokines||Storage: -20°CShipping: Blue Ice|
A soluble factor produced by monocytes, macrophages, and other cells which activates T-lymphocytes and potentiates their response to mitogens or antigens. IL-1 consists of two distinct forms, IL-1 alpha and IL-1 beta which perform the same functions but are distinct proteins. The synthesis of IL-1 can be induced by other cytokines including TNF-alpha , IFN-alpha , IFN-beta and IFN-g and also by bacterial endotoxins , viruses, mitogens, and antigens. In human skin fibroblasts IL1-alpha and TNF-alpha induce the synthesis of IL1-beta . In pheochromocytoma cells, NGF induces the synthesis of IL1.
Recombinant Porice IL-1 alpha produced in E.Coli is single, a non-glycosylated, Polypeptide chain containing 158 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 18076 Dalton. Porcine IL-1a is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Amino Acid Sequence:
The sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Ser-Ala-Thr-Tyr-Ser.
Dimers and Aggregates:
Less than 1% as determined by silver-stained SDS-PAGE gel analysis.
IL-1a is fully biologically active when compared to standard. The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of D10S cells is < 0.03 ng/ml.
0.1ng/ug (IEU/ug) of IL-1alpha.
Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 0.669 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of IL-1a as a Reference Standard.
It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized Porcine IL-1 alpha in sterile 18M -cm H2O not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Lyophilized Porcine IL-1a although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -180C. Upon reconstitution Recombinant Porcine IL-1alpha should be stored at 40C between 2-7 days and for future use below -180C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
Source: E. coli
Purity: 95% as determined by RP-HPLC, anion-exchange FPLC and/or reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained gel.
Form: Supplied as a lyophilized powder without additives.
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Interleukin-1 alpha alters the expression of matrix metalloproteinases and collagen degradation by pulp fibroblasts.
J Endod 2006 Mar;32(3):186-92
2. Intracellular interleukin-1 receptor antagonist type 1 antagonizes the stimulatory effect of interleukin-1 alpha precursor on cell motility.
Cytokine 2005 Nov 3;32(3-4):163-70
3. Human interleukin-1 alpha gene expression is regulated by Sp1 and a transcriptional repressor.
Cytokine 2005 May 21;30(4):141-53
4. Neurons derived from human mesenchymal stem cells show synaptic transmission and can be induced to produce the neurotransmitter substance P by interleukin-1 alpha.
Stem Cells 2005 Mar;23(3):383-91
5. Effect of early luteal phase administration of a single dose mifepristone on immunohistochemical distribution of interleukin 1 alpha (IL-1 alpha) and transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-beta 1) in mid-luteal phase ovary of the rhesus monkey.
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2003 Apr;47(2):221-4
6. [Analysis on association between the polymorphisms in apolipoprotein E, interleukin-1 alpha genes and Alzheimer's disease in Chengdu area]
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 2004 Apr;21(2):176-8