IP-10, Recombinant, Mouse (Gamma Interferon Inducible Protein-10)
|Growth Factors, Cytokines||Storage: -20°CShipping: Blue Ice|
Among CXC chemokines, CXCL10 has been identified to play an important role in several endocrinological autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Graves'disease and Type 1 diabetes mellitus.The chemokine IP-10 (interferon-inducible protein of 10 kD, CXCL10) is a chemoattractant for CXCR3+ T cells, binds to the G protein-coupled receptor CXCR3, which is found mainly on activated T cells and NK cells, and plays an important role in Th1-type inflammatory diseases. IP-10 also binds to glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), an interaction thought to be important for its sequestration on endothelial and other cells.
Recombinant Mouse IP-10 produced in E.Coli is a single,non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 77 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 8701Dalton. Recombinant Murine IP-10 is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Amino Acid Sequence:
The sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Ile-Pro-Leu-Ala-Arg.
Dimers and Aggregates:
Less than 1% as determined by silver stained SDS-PAGE gel analysis.
Murine IP-10 is fully biologically active when compared to standard. The Biological activity is calculated by its ability to chemoattract IL-2 activated T cells at 0.1-10 ng/ml.
0.1ng/ug (IEU/ug) of Mouse IP-10.
Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 0.02 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of IP-10 as a Reference Standard.
It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized Mouse IP-10 in sterile 18M -cm H2O not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Lyophilized IP-10 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -180C. Upon reconstitution IP-10 should be stored at 40C between 2-7 days and for future use below -180C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
Source: E. coli
Purity: 97% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Anion-exchange FPLC.
(c) Analysis by reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained.
Concentration: As reported
Form: Supplied as a lyophilized powder without additives.
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Early post-transplant urinary IP-10 expression after kidney transplantation is predictive of short- and long-term graft function.
Kidney Int 2006 May;69(9):1683-90
2. IP-10 blocks vascular endothelial growth factor-induced endothelial cell motility and tube formation via inhibition of calpain.
Circ Res 2006 Mar 17;98(5):617-25
3. Compartment-specific expression and function of the chemokine IP-10/CXCL10 in a model of renal endothelial microvascular injury.
J Am Soc Nephrol 2006 Feb;17(2):454-64
4. IP-10/MCP-1 ratio in CSF is an useful diagnostic marker of neuropsychiatric lupus patients.
Rheumatology (Oxford) 2006 Feb;45(2):232-4
5. T lymphocyte chemotactic chemokines in acute myelogenous leukemia (AML): local release by native human AML blasts and systemic levels of CXCL10 (IP-10), CCL5 (RANTES) and CCL17 (TARC).
Cancer Immunol Immunother 2006 Jul;55(7):830-40
6. TLR3-mediated signal induces proinflammatory cytokine and chemokine gene expression in astrocytes: differential signaling mechanisms of TLR3-induced IP-10 and IL-8 gene expression.
Glia 2006 Feb;53(3):248-56