Oncostatin M, Recombinant, Human (OSM)
|Growth Factors, Cytokines||Storage: -20°CShipping: Blue Ice|
Oncostatin M (OSM) is a member of the interleukin-6 family of cytokines. Of these cytokines, OSM is closely related structually, genetically and functionally to leukemia inhibitory factor. However, OSM-specific biological activities have been reported in hematopoiesis and liver development.
Recombinant Human OSM produced in E.Coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 227 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 26kD. Recombinant OSM is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Amino Acid Sequence:
The sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Met-Ala-Ala-Ile-Gly
Dimers and Aggregates:
Less than 1% as determined by silver-stained SDS-PAGE gel analysis.
Human Oncostatin M is fully biologically active when compared to standard. The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of Human TF-1 cells is < 2 ng/ml, corresponding to a Specific Activity of 5 x 105 IU/mg.
0.1ng/ug (IEU/ug) of recombinant OSM.
Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 0.45 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of OSM as a Reference Standard.
It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rHuOSM in sterile 18M -cm H2O not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Lyophilized Recombinant Human OSM although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -180C. Upon reconstitution OSM should be stored at 40C between 2-7 days and for future use below -180C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
Source: E. coli
Purity: 98% as determined by RP-HPLC, anion-exchange FPLC and/or reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained gel.
Form: Supplied as a lyophilized powder without additives.
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Oncostatin M induces cell detachment and enhances the metastatic capacity of T-47D human breast carcinoma cells.
Cytokine 2006 Mar 21;33(6):323-36
2. HGF synthesis in human lung fibroblasts is regulated by oncostatin M.
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2006 Jun;290(6):L1097-103
3. Development of a novel 2D proteomics approach for the identification of proteins secreted by primary chondrocytes after stimulation by IL-1 and oncostatin M.
Rheumatology (Oxford) 2006 Mar 27;
4. Blockage of oncostatin M-induced LDL receptor gene transcription by a dominant-negative mutant of C/EBPbeta.
Biochem J 2006 Jul 1;397(1):101-8
5. Oncostatin-M up-regulates VCAM-1 and synergizes with IL-4 in eotaxin expression: involvement of STAT6.
J Immunol 2006 Apr 1;176(7):4352-60
6. Retinoic acid and oncostatin M combine to promote cartilage degradation via matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in bovine but not human chondrocytes.
Rheumatology (Oxford) 2006 Feb 8;