Cerebral Cortical Neuron Cells, Human (hCCN), Donor F, Plated Cells, Axol™
|Biologicals||Storage: 37°C in 5% CO2Shipping: RT|
Axol hCCNs are derived from integration-free, induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells under fully defined neural induction conditions. These cells express typical markers of cerebral cortical neurons, such as Tbr1, Ctip2, Brn2 and Cux1 (see fig. 1-5). They are electrically active and able to form functional synapses and circuits in culture.
Cerebral cortical neurons are implicated in numerous neurological diseases including Alzheimer’s disease, autism, epilepsy and stroke. Despite strong interest in these diseases, high quality human in vitro cell models for cortical neurophysiology have been unavailable until now. With Axol hCCNs, we provide neuroscience researchers with a high quality in vitro human system to complement their existing studies of cortical development, function and diseases using animal models.
Advantages of Axol hCCNs:
• Human cells
• Available in industrial quantity
• Ready-made and fully functional
• No reprogramming and differentiation needed
• Supplied with extensive functional and molecular characterization data
• Include a spectrum of cortical neurons
• Remain viable in culture for months to facilitate reproducible and long term studies
• Cells from multiple donors are available for purchase allowing data comparison among biological replicates
• Now available as Ready to Use plates
• Ships at RT
• Studying Corticogenesis in vitro
• Studying neural network formation and signal transmission
• Disease modelling
• Neurotoxicity testing
• Preclinical drug efficacy testing
• Quantity: 6 million functional cells per plate
• Presentation: Pre-plated in 96-well format & delivered fresh!
• Storage Condition: Tissue culture incubator (setting: 37 degree celsius & 5% CO2)
• Growth Properties: Adherent
Cord Blood CD34+ Cells
Neural Induction Method:
Monolayer and Chemically-defined medium
6 Million cells in a 96-well format
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.