Axol Alzheimer's Disease Neural Progenitor Cells, Human, Presenilin-2 Mutation N141l (AD hNPC), Frozen Cells
|Biologicals-Cells, Plasma, Serum, Tissues||Storage: Liquid N2Shipping: Dry Ice|
Alzheimer’s disease is an incurable, fatal neurodegenerative disorder now affecting over 24 million people worldwide and that is predicted to reach 100 million by 2050. Without an effective treatment, our aging society will soon face an Alzheimer’s disease epidemic that will ultimately lead to social catastrophe and saddle heavy economic burden on our healthcare systems.
Alzheimer's research will provide insights which will help to prevent and cure the disease. Up to now, the research has heavily relied upon genetically modified animal models which are time consuming and expensive to produce, maintain and experiment on. Our human iPS cell-derived AD hNPCs provide scientists an affordable and easily accessible platform for building their own human cellular models of Alzheimer's disease in a disease-relevant genetic and tissue context.
Advantages of Axol hNPCs:
• Human cells derived from diagnosed Alzheimer's disease patients
• Available in industrial quantity
• High purity neural progenitor population
• Ready-made and easy to differentiate
• No reprogramming and differentiation needed
• Robust enough to undergo genetic manipulation
• Supplied with extensive functional and molecular characterization data
• Capable of differentiating to a spectrum of cortical excitatory and inhibitory neurons
• Remain viable in culture for months to facilitate reproducible and long term studies
• Cells from multiple donors are available for purchase allowing data comparison among biological replicates
• Studying AD pathogenesis at cellular level
• Studying neural network formation and signal transmission in AD neural culture
• Neurotoxicity testing
• Preclinical drug efficacy testing
• Quantity: 2 million expandable cells per vial
• Presentation: Cells are provided cryopreserved in 1 ml of freezing medium
• Storage Condition: Liquid nitrogen
• Growth Properties: Adherent
Clinical AD Diagnosis:
Presenilin-2 Mutation N141l
Neural Induction Method:
Monolayer and Chemically-defined medium
2 Million cells
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Shi, Y., Kirwan, P., Smith, J., Robinson, H. P. C. & Livesey, F. J. Human cerebral cortex development
from pluripotent stem cells to functional excitatory synapses. Nature neuroscience
15, 477–86, S1 (2012).
2. Shi, Y., Kirwan, P. & Livesey, F. J. Directed differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells to
cerebral cortex neurons and neural networks. Nature Protocols 7, 1836–1846 (2012).