Login

Forgot your password?
New User?
Remember me
banner banner

You are here:Home » Antibodies » Abs to Transport Proteins » Anti -GLAST (Excitatory Amino Acid Transporter 1, Sodium-dependent Glutamate/Aspartate Transporter 1, GLAST-1, Solute Carrier Family 1 Member 3, SLC1A3, EAAT1, GLAST1)

Anti -GLAST (Excitatory Amino Acid Transporter 1, Sodium-dependent Glutamate/Aspartate
Transporter 1, GLAST-1, Solute Carrier Family 1 Member 3, SLC1A3, EAAT1, GLAST1)

Pricing

  For pricing information, USA customers sign in.
  Outside USA? Please contact your distributor for pricing.

Specifications

Clone Host Grade Applications
Monoclonal Rabbit Supernatant B IP
Glutamate is the major excitatory neurotransmitter in the mammalian central nervous system. During neurotransmission, glutamate is released from vesicles of the pre-synaptic cell, and glutamate receptors (e.g. NMDA Receptor, AMPA Receptor) bind glutamate for activation at the opposing post-synaptic cell. Excitatory amino acid transporters (EAATs) regulate and maintain extracellular glutamate concentrations below excitotoxic levels. In addition, glutamate transporters may limit the duration of synaptic excitation by an electrogenic process in which the transmitter is cotransported with three sodium ions and one proton, followed by countertransport of a potassium ion. Five EAATs (EAAT1-5) are characterized: EAAT2 (GLT-1) is primarily expressed in astrocytes but is also expressed in neurons of the retina and during fetal development (1). Homozygous EAAT2 knockout mice have spontaneous, lethal seizures and an increased predisposition to acute cortical injury (2). PKC phosphorylates Ser113 of EAAT2 and coincides with glutamate transport (3). EAAT2 accounts for up to 90% of the total glutamate transport in brain while EAAT1 contributes the remaining 5-10% (4). The contribution of EAAT1 in neurotransmission is unclear since EAAT2 is much more abundant. However, EAAT1 expression is upregulated by increasing concentrations of glutamate in the media of cultured primary astrocytes, potentially giving this glutamate transporter additional importance (5). EAAT1 has neuroprotective potential following ischemia since reactive astrocytes and activated microglia express EAAT1 but not EAAT2 (6).
Catalog #G4005-50C
ApplicationsSuitable for use in Western Blot and Immunoprecipitation. Other applications not tested.
Recommended DilutionWestern Blot: 1:1000
Immunoprecipitation: 1:50
Optimal dilutions to be determined by the researcher.
Storage and StabilityMay be stored at 4°C for short-term only. Aliquot to avoid repeated freezing and thawing. Store at -20°C. Aliquots are stable for at least 12 months. For maximum recovery of product, centrifuge the original vial after thawing and prior to removing the cap.
Clone TypeMonoclonal
IsotypeIgG
Clone NoD20D5
HostRabbit
SourceHuman
ConcentrationNot determined
FormSupplied as a liquid in 10mM sodium HEPES, pH 7.5, 150mM sodium chloride, 100ug/ml BSA, <0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol.
PuritySupernatant
ImmunogenSynthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu230 of human EAAT1.
SpecificityRecognizes endogenous levels of total human EAAT1. Species Crossreactivity: Mouse and rat.
Important NoteThis product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.


External Links