Caldesmon is a regulatory protein found in smooth muscle and other tissues which interacts with actin, myosin, tropomyosin, and calmodulin. Caldesmon antibody labels smooth muscle and tumors of smooth muscle, myofibroblastic, and myoepithelial differentiation. Caldesmon has also been used to differentiate epithelioid mesothelioma from serous papillary carcinoma of the ovary.
Suitable for use in Immunohistochemistry. Other applications not tested.
Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin, frozen): 1:25-1:100
Optimal dilutions to be determined by the researcher.
Smooth muscle from various sources including bowel, esophagus, uterus
Storage and Stability:
May be stored at 4°C for short-term only. Aliquot to avoid repeated freezing and thawing. Store at -20°C. Aliquots are stable for at least 12 months. For maximum recovery of product, centrifuge the original vial after thawing and prior to removing the cap.
| Not determined. |
|Synthetic phosphopeptide of human Caldesmon surrounding Ser789.|
|Supplied as a liquid in PBS, pH7.4, protein base, sodium azide.|
|Recognizes human Caldesmon. This antibody is not phospho-specific, however, and will recognize total endogenous protein. Staining pattern: Cytoplasmic.|
|Intended for research use only. Not for use in human, therapeutic, or diagnostic applications.|
1. CominCE,SaievaC,MesseriniL.h-caldesmon,calretinin,estrogenreceptor,andBer-EP4:auseful combination of immunohistochemical markers for differentiating epithelioid peritoneal mesothelioma from serous papillary carcinoma of the ovary. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007 Aug;3198): 1139-48|
2. WatanabeK,KusakabeT,HoshiN,SaitoA,SuzukiT.h-Caldesmoninleiomyosarcomaandtumors with smooth muscle cell-like differentiation: its specific expression in the smooth muscle cell tumor. Hum Pathol. 1999 Apr;30(4): 392-6
3. McCluggageWC.Acriticalappraisalofthevalueofimmunohistochemistryindiagnosisofuterine neoplasms. Adv Anat Pathol. 2004 May; 11(3): 162-71
4. MiettinenM.,LasotaJ.Gastrointestinalstromaltumors:reviewonmorphology,molecular pathology, prognosis, differential diagnosis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006 Oct; 130(10): 1466-78
5. Comin CE. et al. h-Caldesmon, a useful positive marker in the diagnosis of pleural mesothelioma, epitheliod type. Am J Surg Pathol. 2006 Apr; 30(4): 463-9