MIG, Recombinant, Mouse (Monokine induced by Interferon Gamma)
|Growth Factors, Cytokines||Storage: -20°CShipping: Blue Ice|
CXCL9 is a chemoattractant for activated T cells and possess angiostatic activity. Both CXCL9 and CXCL10 have been considered as important components for the anti-tumor activities of interferon-gamma (IFNgamma) and interleukin-12 in animal models. Mouse MIG is induced in THP-1 cells and in peripheral blood mononuclear cells by interferon-gamma but not by interferon-alpha or by lipopolysaccharide. Analysis of mouse and human genomic DNAs suggested that the Mumig and Humig genes are true mouse-human homologues.
Recombinant Mouse MIG (monokine induced by gamma-interferon ) produced in E.Coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 105 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 12208 Dalton. Recombinant Mouse MIG is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Amino Acid Sequence:
The sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be, Thr-Leu-Val-Ile-Arg.
Dimers and Aggregates:
Less than 1% as determined by silver-stained SDS-PAGE gel analysis.
MIG is fully biologically active when compared to standard. The Activity is calculated by the ability to chemoattract Human lymphocytes using a concentration of 0.1-1 ng/ml.
0.1ng/ug (IEU/ug) of Murine MIG.
Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm .
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a calibrated solution of Murine MIG as a Reference Standard.
It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized MIG in sterile 18M -cm H2O not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Lyophilized MIG although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -180C. Upon reconstitution MIG should be stored at 40C between 2-7 days and for future use below -180C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
Source: E. coli
Purity: 98% as determined by RP-HPLC, anion-exchange FPLC and/or reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained gel.
Form: Supplied as a lyophilized powder without additives.
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Evaluation of cytokines (MIG, IFN-gamma, TNF-alpha, IL-4, IL-5, and IL-10) during the different evolutive phases of chagasic esophagopathy.
Clin Immunol 2006 May;119(2):213-8
2. Accumulation of plasma cells expressing CXCR3 in the synovial sublining regions of early rheumatoid arthritis in association with production of Mig/CXCL9 by synovial fibroblasts.
Clin Exp Immunol 2005 Aug;141(2):363-71
3. Accumulation of CXCR3-expressing eosinophils and increased concentration of its ligands (IP10 and Mig) in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of patients with chronic eosinophilic pneumonia.
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2005 Jul;137(3):229-35
4. Prediction of acute renal allograft rejection by urinary monokine induced by IFN-gamma (MIG).
J Am Soc Nephrol 2005 Jun;16(6):1849-58
5. Loss of RALT/MIG-6 expression in ERBB2-amplified breast carcinomas enhances ErbB-2 oncogenic potency and favors resistance to Herceptin.
Oncogene 2005 Jun 30;24(28):4540-8
6. Synthesis of alpha-chemokines IP-10, I-TAC, and MIG are differentially regulated in human corneal keratocytes.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2005 May;46(5):1668-74