Pleiotrophin, Recombinant, Human (PTN, HARP, Heparin Affin Regulatory Peptide)
|Growth Factors, Cytokines||Storage: -20°CShipping: Blue Ice|
Pleiotrophin (Osteoblast-Specific Factor-1, OSF-1) contains 136 amino acid residues. The sequence is very rich in cationic amino acids (24% of the residues); lysine cluster sequences are found in the Nterminal and C-terminal ends of the structure. The OSF-1 gene was shown by Northern blotting analysis to be expressed in mouse calvarial osteoblast-enriched cells and in mouse brain tissues, but not in thymus, spleen, kidney, liver, lung, testis or heart. Pliotrophin has the ability to promote adhesion, migration, expansion, and differentiation of human osteoprogenitor cells. In addition to certain types of cancer, the embryonic growth and differentiation factor pleiotrophin is found also in adults in inflammatory diseases. In osteoarthritis, pleiotrophin is especially expressed in early stages, and its concentrations in the synovial fluid could serve as a marker for the progress of the disease. Pleitrophin might be involved in cartilage repair in osteoarthritis, in particular, in earlier stages.
Recombinant Human Pleiotrophin contains His-Tagged Fusion Protein, produced in E. coli, its molecular weight is 17.3kD protein containing 136 amino acid residues of the human OSF-1 and 16 additional amino acid residues-HisTag, thrombin cleavage site .
Amino Acid Sequence:
MKHHHHHHHM LVPRGSGKKE KPEKKVKKSD CGEWQWSVCV PTSGDCGLGT REGTRTGAEC KQTMKTQRCK IPCNWKKQFG AECKYQFQAW GECDLNTALK TRTGSLKRAL HNAECQKTVT ISKPCGKLTK PKPQAESKKK KKEGKKQEKM LD
The amino acid sequence of the recombinant human OSF-1 is 100% homologous to the amino acid sequence of the human OSF-1 without signal sequence.
Western blotting, ELISA
Add 0.2 ml of PBS pH 7.2 and let the lyophilized pellet dissolve completely. Storage: Store lyophilized protein at -20°C. Aliquot the product after reconstitution to avoid repeated freezing/thawing cycles. Reconstituted protein can be stored at 4°C for a limited period of time; it does not show any change after two weeks at 4°C.
The lyophilized protein remains stable until the expiry date when stored at -20°C.
Source: E. coli
Purity: 95% (SDS-PAGE); Three-step procedure using affinity Ni-NTA chromatography and size exclusion chromatography before and after refolding.
Form: Supplied as a lyophilized powder in 0.1M phosphate buffer, 0.1M sodium chloride, pH 7.2.
Important Note: This product as supplied is intended for research use only, not for use in human, therapeutic or diagnostic applications without the expressed written authorization of United States Biological.
1. Exogenous Pleiotrophin Applied to Lesioned Nerve Impairs Muscle Reinnervation.
Neurochem Res 2006 Jun 29;
2. RNA Interference-Mediated Gene Silencing of Pleiotrophin Through Polyethylenimine-Complexed Small Interfering RNAs In Vivo Exerts Antitumoral Effects in Glioblastoma Xenografts.
Hum Gene Ther 2006 Jun 1;
3. Serum pleiotrophin levels are elevated in multiple myeloma patients and correlate with disease status.
Br J Haematol 2006 Jun;133(5):526-9
4. Mice doubly deficient in the midkine and pleiotrophin genes exhibit deficits in the expression of beta-tectorin gene and in auditory response.
Lab Invest 2006 Jul;86(7):645-53
5. Pleiotrophin induces transdifferentiation of monocytes into functional endothelial cells.
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2006 Jun;26(6):1273-80
6. Identification of the angiogenesis signaling domain in pleiotrophin defines a mechanism of the angiogenic switch.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2006 May 5;343(2):653-8