Suitable for use in Western Blot, Immunoprecipitation and Immunohistochemistry. Other applications not tested.
Immunohistochemistry: 1:5-1:10 (frozen sections, paraffin sections)
Western Blot: 1:5
Optimal dilutions to be determined by the researcher.
Storage and Stability:
May be stored at 4°C for short-term only. For long-term storage and to avoid repeated freezing and thawing, add sterile glycerol (40-50%), aliquot and store at -20°C. Aliquots are stable for at least 12 months at -20°C. For maximum recovery of product, centrifuge the original vial after thawing and prior to removing the cap. Further dilutions can be made in assay buffer.
|Intended for research use only. Not for use in human, therapeutic, or diagnostic applications.|
1. The synuclein family: C. Lavedan; Genome Res. 8, 871 (1998)|
2. Alpha synuclein in neurodegenerative disorders: murderer or accomplice?: E. Mezey, et al.; Nat. Med. 4, 755 (1998)
3. The synucleins: a family of proteins involved in synaptic function, plasticity, neurodegeneration and disease: D.F. Clayton & J.M. George; TINS 21, 249 (1998)
4. Alpha-synuclein in Lewy body disease and Alzheimer's disease: M. Hashimoto & E. Masliah; Brain Pathol. 9, 707 (1999)
5. Alpha-synuclein and Parkinson's disease: L.I. Golbe; Mov. Disord. 14, 6 (1999)
6. Synucleins in synaptic plasticity and neurodegenerative disorders: D.F. Clayton & J.M. George; J. Neurosci. Res. 58, 120 (1999)
7. Tau and synuclein and their role in neuropathology: D.W. Dickson; Brain Pathol. 9, 657 (1999)
8. Synuclein accumulation in a case of neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation type 1 (NBIA-1, formerly Hallervorden-Spatz syndrome) with widespread cortical and brainstem-type Lewy bodies: M. Neumann, et al.; Acta Neuropathol. 100, 568 (2000)
9. Subcellular localization of wild-type and Parkinson's disease-associated mutant alpha-synuclein in human and transgenic mouse brain: P.J. Kahle, et al.; J. Neurosci. 20, 6365 (2000)
10. Elevation of beta-amyloid peptide 2-42 in sporadic and familial Alzheimer's disease and its generation in PS1 knockout cells: J. Wiltfang, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 276, 42645 (2001)
11. Lipid rafts mediate the synaptic localization of alpha-synuclein: D.L. Fortin, et al.; J. Neurosci. 24, 6715 (2004)